Effective Date: January 2018
Welcome to the privacy notice for K.L.A.S.H. LLC, a division of The K.L.A.S.H. Companies, Inc. This Privacy Notice pertains to the personal information we collect about our customers in our stores, on our websites, via mobile apps, and through interest-based online advertising.
Information we collect
We may collect certain personal information from you in connection with your activities at K.L.A.S.H., such as when you shop on our websites or in our stores. This information may include:
- payment card or other financial account information;
- contact, billing, and shipping information (including name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number);
- shopping history;
- driver’s license number, military identification or state-issued picture identification;
- date of birth;
- geolocation data; and
- other personal information you provide to us on our website(s), via mobile apps, on feedback forms, in our stores or when you interact with us in other ways, both online and offline.
Additionally, we or companies acting on our behalf may collect certain computer and browser information through automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons when you visit our websites (whether or not you have signed in as a register user) or otherwise interact with us online. A “cookie” is a file that a website sends to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to identify the browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
The information collected using these tools may include your IP address, the address of the web page that referred you to our websites, dates and times of website visits and the location of your device. These automated technologies also permit the collection of “clickstream data,” which may include a log of content you access while browsing a website. Companies acting on our behalf may combine the information collected from your visit to our website(s) with other information they have collected previously.
Opt-out from/restrict cookies and online behavioral advertising
Your web browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict, reject or disable certain cookies (but please note that we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from web browsers). Additionally, you may opt-out of data collection from the particular companies that we use to collect information from users of our website(s).
- We use a company called Shopify to collect and analyze information about
How we use the information we collect
When we collect information from you, we may use it for a number of purposes, including to:
- Process, manage, complete and account for transactions, including purchases and refund, exchange and layaway requests;
- Provide our products and services to you and fulfill your orders;
- Identify your product and service preferences;
- Improve merchandise selections and customer service;
- Invite you to participate in customer research;
- Notify you about new products, services, features, promotions, events and special offerings relating to the K.L.A.S.H. Businesses we think you will find valuable;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests, comments and inquiries;
- Create and manage online accounts you establish;
- Enroll you in and administer our loyalty and other rewards programs upon your request;
- Administer your participation in promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Verify your identity in certain instances (such as when you pay by check, return merchandise, or request a refund);
- Secure our operations and protect against, identify and help prevent fraud, unauthorized activity, claims and other liabilities and minimize credit risk;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, managing our communications, performing market research, and administering our websites and mobile apps).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected online through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites or experience in a mobile app; (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse or interact with us; (iii) measuring and managing the advertising effectiveness of our online and offline advertisements and events; and (iv) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites and mobile apps, identify users of our websites and mobile apps, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites and mobile apps, how users navigate through our websites and our mobile apps, and how we may tailor our offerings to better meet the needs of our users. In order for us to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and improve our communication with you, we may also supplement the information we collect with other public demographic information.
Information we share
We may share your personal information among the K.L.A.S.H. Businesses. They may use this information to offer products and services to you consistent with the purposes identified in this statement. Your information may also be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) involving all or part of the K.L.A.S.H. Businesses or as part of a stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We may also share certain personal information we collect about you with partners or third parties who perform services for us or with whom we contract for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we may use third parties to host our websites or mobile apps, operate certain of its features, send e-mails, print or send mailings, run our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, conduct customer research, authorize and process your payments, manage and analyze data and our advertising effectiveness, and fulfill orders. Such third-party service providers are given the information that they need to perform their designated functions and we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information for their own or any others' marketing purposes.
Our websites and mobile apps may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These linked websites operate independently from K.L.A.S.H. and may have their own privacy notices or policies. Other linked websites may be owned or controlled by K.L.A.S.H. but have privacy policies that differ from this one. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by K.L.A.S.H., we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites. We suggest you review the privacy policies of any linked websites you visit.
How we protect your information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information. However, we cannot guaranty the effectiveness of these safeguards, and nothing in this notice shall be construed as an express or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Opt-out from e-mail and/or postal mail
You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail and/or postal mail from us by doing the following:
- Contact Customer Service, Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) at 770-212-0737 if you do not want to receive promotional e-mail and/or postal mail communications from us in the future. Please specify if you would like to opt out of e-mail, or postal mail, or both. If you have already received communications from us, it will expedite the opt-out process if you are prepared to provide us with the exact name, and e-mail and/or postal mail addresses under which you have been receiving communications from us.
Please note that any opt-out for postal mail may take at least sixty (60) days to become effective. Also, you may still receive e-mail or postal mail from other members of the K.L.A.S.H. Businesses if they received your e-mail or postal address from other sources or as a result of their own transactions or experiences with you, or if you request to hear from us again